Wait, I’m new. What is the Open?
If you are new to CrossFit, the CrossFit Open is a 3-week challenge consisting of 1 workout each week that allows athletes to see where they stack up in relation to the rest of the world. It’s like a benchmark every single week to see where you are on your fitness journey. Each WOD has its own vibe, just like the workouts we do each week. The workouts will be released every Thursday evening during the three weeks, and you can watch the live announcement of the workout streaming on the CrossFit Games website.
Okay, so a competition. Why tho?
Well, big picture and at its most functional level, the CrossFit Games Open is now one of many qualifying stages for the best of the best to make it to the CrossFit Games.
But just like CrossFit, it’s a great test for everyone’s skills and fitness. This matters because it can reinvigorate your motivation, help identify areas of weakness to further set new goals, and even push you to a new PR!
But I’m new. I’m not ready, right?
The Open workouts are tough, but they are written so that any and every CrossFitter can be successful. Meaning? There’s no excuse not to participate! And with our in-house intramural you can enjoy a fun, collaborative competition. It’s a fun way to bond with the community, find new training partners. Who doesn’t want to be a part of a kickass team with a little in-house bragging on the table?
Okay, so we have your attention. Let’s talk Glasshouse Open!
If you’ve been here last year, we will follow the same format. We will have 3 teams and once you sign up, your team assignment will be decided on DRAFT NIGHT
Each team will have 2 primary captains. Your captains this year are:
- Reigning Champions – Magda Burak & Zita Szabó
- Two veterans – Dóri Czekmeister & Máté Pataki
- The challengers – Janina Vesztergom & Onnojens Van Der Werf
Captains and teams will have a private Facebook chat for their team for communication and collaboration on different events and themes throughout the Open. This is one of the most fun parts of the Open! Have I ever mentioned that you might be doing a workout in a costume?
You see, a big chunk of the points in the Glasshouse Open are not awarded for working out but through team challenges which might include costume weekends, team quiz’s and so much more.
The 2023 Glasshouse Open Schedule
YOUR NEXT STEP: SIGN UP
The admission price for the 3-week Intramural Open is €30 with CrossFit Glasshouse, and includes a special edition t-shirt, and some replenishment after the workouts. **You must register for the Intramural Open by January 26th (to ensure that your shirt arrives by the first workout). If you register later, you t-shirt might be delayed.
DRAFT NIGHT – Feb 2nd
RECRUITMENT OPEN – Feb 2 – 17th
OPEN PREPARATION WORKSHOP – Jan 28th, Feb 4th & 11th
FIRST OPEN WORKOUT – Feb 18th
SECOND OPEN WORKOUT – Feb 25th
THIRD OPEN WORKOU – Mar 4th
OPEN CLOSING PARTY – Mar 4th (TBC)
I'M EXCITED! HOW DO I GET READY FOR THIS
- Come to the group classes regularly and consistently. Our programming will prepare you for most movements that might come up during the Open.
- Attend one of Coach Isti’s workshops. Isti has done close to half a dozen Opens and has a ton of experience under his belt. In his 3 workshops he will share tips, tactics, best strategies for these workouts. Each workshop will focus on a different topic to best prepare your for the upcoming workouts, these include pacing, breathing, pre-workout nutrition. Each session will also include specific movement practice of high skilled exercises, and obviously a tough workout.
If you register at the same time of signing up for the Glasshouse Open, you can attend all 3 workshops for €27. Individual sessions will be €15 each.
Dates: Jan 28th, Feb 4th & Feb 11th